Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How long before they drag Elbaradei's body in streets of Egypt?

I Have Sunni Identity, Shia Belief: El Baradei
http://www.iqna.ir/en/news_detail.php?ProdID=1270967
Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:28 News ID: 1270967
"That is Allah's grace: He grants it to whom He pleases." Sura Jumah.
Egypt’s Vice President Mohamed El-Baradei said he has Sunni identity and Shia belief.


He made the remark at the Eid Al-Fitr prayers held at Al-Azhar Grand Mosque in Cairo, Buratha news agency reported.

He surprised the worshippers by saying prayers in Shia style. Asked whether he has embraced Shi’ism, El- Baradei said “I have Sunni identity and Shia belief and there is no reason for me to deny my beliefs.”

While saying their prayers, Sunni Muslims fold their arms and put them on their chest whereas Shia Muslims do not do it.

Previously, El-Baradei had criticized Salafists’ opposition to Iranian tourists visiting Egypt, saying that Shias and Sunnis perfrom Hajj together and there was no reason to deny Iranian tourists access to some pilgrimage sites in Egypt.

A former secretary general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), El-Baradei was among the leaders of the 2011 uprising against Hosni Mubarak. He currently heads the Al-Dastoru Party in Egypt.

"When My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the supplicant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way." (Quran 2:186)

Assalumu ala manit tabaul huda.

No comments: